ATLANTA CAMPAIGN TARGETS STRAW BUYS … NSSF® and ATF are reminding the public in the Atlanta area that stiff penalties are in place for individuals convicted of making illegal straw purchases. Billboard, radio and digital advertisements for the Don’t Lie for the Other GuyTM program have been purchased by NSSF in key locations throughout the region with the message: “Buy a gun for someone who can’t and buy yourself 10 years in jail. Don’t Lie for the Other Guy.”
FIRST SHOTS GRANT PROGRAM … NSSF has established a $100k grant program to be used by firearms ranges in support of their NSSF First Shots® introductory shooting programs. First Shots events provide a safe, fun and educational introduction experience for new shooters while developing a new customer base for our member ranges. Ranges that wish to apply for Grant funds are encouraged to do so at their earliest opportunity.
- Republic, Wash., Police Chief Loren Culp will not enforce gun controls put into effect by Initiative 1639, which is also the target of a federal lawsuit brought by the Second Amendment Foundation and the NRA.
- U.S. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told CNN that passing gun control laws will be a “priority” in the new Congress bringing back old ideas that if passed into law only affect law-abiding citizens.
- NSSF’s Government Relations team assesses the impact of the elections on the firearms and ammunition industry in recorded webinars on Congress and federal legislation and state legislatures and governors’ mansions.
- The U.S. House Friday passed the Manage Our Wolves Act, to remove the Gray Wolf from the Endangered and Threatened Species Lists in the lower 48 states.
- The online sale of a firearm, is now commonplace. As more and more businesses add an e-commerce element it is important to develop and implement business practices that ensure compliance with the Gun Control Act and ATF regulations.
- Kings Gun and Archery Center has been awarded NSSF’s highest Five-Star rating for range excellence thanks to its premium combination of facilities for both shooting and archery.
- While brick-and-mortar FFLs will always be a necessary element of our industry, retailers looking for solutions that sustain profitability across shifting buying trends and political climates will find it in a robust online presence.
- If you have an FFL license Type 01 or 02 and are wondering about where you draw the line between performing gunsmithing versus manufacturing, we have answers for you.
- ATF Q&A: More great questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF Member Compliance Hotline last week. One question asks, “How would question 11(a) on the 4473 be answered for redemption of a pawn ticket?”
- The October edition (login required) of the NSSF Survey Tracker report has been released, featuring top-selling brands of firearms, optics, shotgun ammunition, balls, bullets/shot, as well as responses to reloading questions.
- August 2018 U.S. import and export totals for several sporting arms, ammunition and optics categories are now available. Log in and select the Industry Research link to see a breakdown of the 2018 data compared to that of 2017.
- If you’re a retailer looking to diversify your inventory and stand apart from your competition, or a media member seeking the next big trend to talk about, Pop-Up Preview should be at the top of your must-see list at the 2019 SHOT Show.
- Stories during National Veterans and Military Families Month about highlighting veterans enjoying the outdoors include this piece about Purple Heart recipients pheasant hunting and this one about organizations helping veterans rekindle their outdoor passion.
- The USA Shooting Team has returned from the 12th Championship of the Americas in Guadalajara, Mexico with 39 medals and eight Olympic quotas.
- Honored American Veterans Afield (HAVA) has launched a new long-range shooter training program through its Learn to Shoot Again division.