NSSF’s 41st SHOT Show will open tomorrow morning at the Sands Expo Center, Jan. 22-25, welcoming an expected 60,000 industry professionals eager to see the latest products offered by the firearms and outdoor industry. Make sure to download the SHOT Show mobile app to be best prepared for the show. View today’s SHOT Week events here.
JOIN PROJECT CHILDSAFE FOR THE 2nd ANNUAL WOMEN OF THE GUN RECEPTION … If you are registered for SHOT Show, consider attending Project ChildSafe’s ‘Women of the Gun’ reception on Jan. 23 from 4-6 p.m. to discuss firearms safety with some of the biggest female firearms celebrities, including Julie McQueen, Carrie Lightfoot, Julie Golob and Barbara Baird. For more information about how to register, email: PCSSTAFF@ProjectChildSafe.org.
NSSF PRAISES SENATE’S 2019 RANGE BILL … NSSF has thrown its support behind S. 94, the Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act of 2019 in the U.S Senate. Often called the “Range Bill,” the bipartisan bill was authored by Sens. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.V.) and Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), along with eight other original co-sponsors. The legislation has received wide bipartisan support before but has never advanced to the president.
More NSSF Articles:
- NSSF’s CEO Steve Sanetti and President Joe Bartozzi offer a sneak peek of the 2019 SHOT Show and explain how the show works and what NSSF does for the show and for the industry.
- NSSF President Joe Bartozzi thanks Project ChildSafe (PCS) supporters for their contributions. Whether you made a donation through SHOT Show Registration or as an independent your support allows PCS to continue its critical work.
- In this week’s “Blast From the Past” column Thompson Center’s Brand Manager Danielle Sanville gives advice based on her experiences at SHOT Show.
- Here’s a look at Dad’s Super Pawn plans for SHOT Week and what they are looking to accomplish while at the 2019 SHOT Show.
- Reminder: The SHOT Show is no longer mailing attendee or media badges. We have selected several locations to make picking up your badge easy and convenient.Find the badge pickup location that works best for you.
- Join the conversation on 2019 SHOT Show events, exhibits and news and connect with other showgoers on the SHOT Show LinkedIn page.
- Visit shotshow.org for more SHOT Show news. Get the latest news and updates by following the SHOT Show on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- A Virginia state Senate committee voted down 11 different gun control bills central to Gov. Ralph Northam’s gun control plan. NSSF’s Larry Keane weighed in on the proposals.
- Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a package of gun control laws opposed by NSSF that subjects firearms retailers to licensing and more regulation.
- A Department of Justice Report confirms what we’ve long known. Criminals obtain guns illegally, not from retailers as gun-control politicians often claim.
- Frank Miniter writes in American Thinker, “… we all need to let credit card companies, banks, and other financial institutions know we don’t want them playing politics with our free and lawful decisions to speak or to purchase legal products.”