NEW YEAR’S SHOT SHOW HOTEL BONUS … SHOT Show, in collaboration with Las Vegas, is offering special New Year’s bonuses to eligible SHOT Show registrants. Register for SHOT Show in the next 10 days for a chance to receive a complimentary hotel stay at a partner hotel during the 2019 SHOT Week. Visit SHOT Show’s LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for more details.
FINANCIAL SERVICES PROTECTION BILL REINTRODUCED … U.S. Rep. Luetkemeyer (R-Mo.) has reintroduced, in the new congress, the Financial Institution Customer Protection Act, NSSF-endorsed bipartisan legislation that previously passed the House 395-2. NSSF has worked with Rep. Luetkemeyer for several years to end Operation Choke Point, the Obama admin initiative encouraging discrimination against firearms businesses.
COUNTDOWN: TWO WEEKS TO SHOT SHOW … The industry’s annual main event opens in Las Vegas in just two weeks. Everything you need to know about NSSF’s 2019 SHOT Show is detailed in our annual SHOT Show Tracker publication. It’s packed with show schedules, networking details, education descriptions, exhibitor lists and a sneak peak of the hottest products being displayed.
Related NSSF Articles:
- Does your company sponsor ambassadors or events in the shooting sports, hunting or outdoor lifestyle? Come visit with our panel of industry professionals at our special SHOT Show Exhibitor Seminar, Wednesday Jan. 23 from 7:30-8:30 a.m., to discuss how your company can better leverage these investment.
- In this week’s “Blast From the Past” column Browning Arms’ Scott Grange and Paul Thompson answer questions and give advice based on their many years of experience at SHOT Show.
- With today’s 24/7 news cycle, the chance of your business being contacted for an interview are much higher than it used to be. Get prepared with our SHOT Show Retailer Seminar “Mastering the Media and Public Relations.”
- Visit the Gunbroker.com booth #15147 at the SHOT Show to get a first hand look at the special firearms included in the 2019 SHOT Show Auction.
- Reminder: The SHOT Show is no longer mailing attendee or media badges. We have selected several locations to make picking up your badge easy and convenient. Find the badge pickup location that works best for you.
- Join the conversation on 2019 SHOT Show events, exhibits and news and connect with other showgoers on the SHOT Show LinkedIn page.
- The proposal from a New York Times business news columnist that credit card companies monitor customer activity for firearms purchases drew fire from the NSSF’s Larry Keane.
- NSSF has learned the Administration has begun the process of notifying Congress of the impending final rules transferring control over export of sporting firearms and ammunition to Commerce from the State Department. Attend training sessions about the upcoming changes during the 2019 SHOT Show.
- In keeping with President Trump’s Executive Order, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced the Department of Justice is rescinding 69 guidance documents, several issued by ATF.
- If your clay target shooting range uses biodegradable targets and is looking to become more proactive with its overall environmental management practices there are several steps you should consider taking.
- ATF Q&A: Questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF Member Compliance Hotline last week. One question asks, “If an FFL remains in business beyond the 20-year required holding period for Form 4473 records, does it still have to maintain the records?”FBI NICS will be unable to send the December NICS data until after the furlough is over. NSSF will issue and post an update once the data has been received.
- Reminder: NSSF has posted a brief webinar outlining topline results from the NSSF Concealed Carry Market Report. The report is available to NSSF members for free, as a member benefit, by logging into the NSSF member portal.
- The National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers has announced its first ever Chairwoman of the Board, Laurie Aronson, President and CEO of Lipsey’s, LLC, was elected during the 2018 annual NASGW Expo in Pittsburgh, Penn.
- USA Shooting has announced its athletes of the year: Vincent Hancock, Male Athlete of the Year; Kim Rhode, Female Athlete of the Year; Taylor Farmer Paralympic Athlete of the Year; and Michael McPhail, Rifle Athlete of the Year.
- LetsGoShooting.org shared the story of Olympian, professional shooter and mom Gabby Franco.