which offer customers additional shelter models that function on the ice and in the field.
“We have to keep up with the demands of consumers who may not be looking for a large custom fishhouse, says Bongard. So, we’re diversifying into shelters that offer a smaller footprint, portability and double-duty hunting and ice fishing use from one product – and all at a real-world price point. We not only wanted to appeal guy who wants one do-it-all shelter, but the hunter who setting up numerous blinds on his property — or anglers who keep shelters on several different waters.”
Custom Cottages “Double Duty” Fish House/Deer Blind
Custom Cottages’ “Double Duty” Fish House/Deer Blind offers the benefits of a hard-sided house with minimal weight, currently in three footprints, including 4′ x 4′, 4′ x 6′ , 4′ x 8′ and 5′ x 5′ sizes, all backed by a lifetime warranty against defects on aluminum frame and roof. Custom-sizing is also available.
Via easy-lift handles, select models fit into the back of a pickup box for easy transport and set-up in the field or on ice.
“This smaller-footprint portable shelter does it all. Break down the cost of the ‘Double Duty’ over deer season and ice and it’s a no-brainer,” says Bongard.
- Collapsible top with waterproof 600 denier insulated or non-insulated covering
- Inside height: 6′ 6″ on 46″ side wall; 6′ on 40″ side wall
- 1″ screen, 1″ PVC no-crack 20 gauge windows with Velcro on all openings for 360-degree view
- High-density spray foam ceiling for pressure fit and maximum warmth
- Custom aluminum camo painted
- Lifetime warranty against defects on aluminum frame and roof
- Ideal for the guy who has a platform already with shelter that requires replacement
- ¾-inch marine-grade plywood floor with insulation
- All-aluminum, rust-proof frame for longevity
- 1.25″ aluminum wall studs
- 38″ x 30″ door with lock
- Two Catch Cover® hole covers
- Pedestal-seat mount
- Leg kits for 4″x 4″ timbers allow use as elevated deer stand
- Ski-kits available with tow bar starting at $399
- Wheel kits also available
- Weight: 4′ x 4′ = 150 lbs.; 4′ x 6′ = 170 lbs.; 4′ x 8′ = 190 lbs; 5′ x 5′ = 180 lbs.
- Retail: Starting at $1299
Custom Cottages “Tip-Up” Scout House/Spear House/ATV Hauler
Custom Cottages’ new ‘Tip-Up’ Scout House/Spear House brings ice anglers and spear-fishermen a new level of quick, easy set-up, thanks to its unique “Tip-Up” design.
“It’s simple enough that one angler can do it. Simply unhook the trailer hitch from your receiver and push it up into position. Makes a quick and easy way to scout new spots from the warmth of a hard-sided house – or pull off the detachable hitch and stay put,” says Bongard.
Gets even better. The 5′ x 7′ and 6′ x 8′ Tip Up shelters are also fully-functioning ATV haulers.
- 1.25″ walls
- Spray foam insulation for maximum warmth
- ¾-inch marine-grade plywood floor with insulation
- 2500 lb. torsion axle to handle winter’s worst conditions, heavy loads
- 20 x 8 x 10 tires
- Catch Cover® Spear Hole covering
- Detachable hitch
- Anchor point for ice positioning
- 5′ x 7′ Weight: 580 lbs.; 6′ x 8′ Weight: 800 pounds
- Sidewalls open up
- ATV door is opposite swing door
- Shelter floats
- Retail: Starting at $3999
Although Bongard and company still build deluxe custom permanent shelters that can reach near the 30-foot mark, he and his team have carried that level of craftsmanship to his new, smaller footprint products. “Our whole approach to design and construction is to provide a comfortable, tough and hassle-free shelter that will last a lifetime. Our goal is to build customers the last mobile shelter they’ll ever need to buy.”
Along those lines, Custom Cottages’ design and build philosophy takes care of the three biggest offenders that otherwise prevent permanent shelter longevity.
First, all-aluminum frames hand-welded at every seam remain rust-proof for life and offer reduced weight for better towing mileage. Second, high R-value spray foam ensures comfort and creates a long-lasting temperature barrier to the elements. Lastly, custom shelter interiors are hand-installed from premium-grade cedar to withstand moisture and temperature extremes, and eliminate mold, rot and mildew.
Custom Cottages has teamed with Minnesota-based Financial One Credit Union and Source One Financial Services Inc. to offer customers affordable long-term loans, flexible terms and payment options. The free online application takes only a few minutes. (https://www.mdtapps.com/apps/focu/loanapp.php)
ABOUT CUSTOM COTTAGES
Custom Cottages is committed to providing the outdoor enthusiast with the highest quality mobile shelter available at the best possible price. Whether you’re looking for a shell to finish yourself or a dream house with all the bells and whistles, we’re here to accommodate your needs.
For further information on our mobile shelters and to discuss your custom needs, reach us by phone, text or e-mail at 612-221-3214 and firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re more than happy to discuss your needs and budget. We also have competitive financing available through a reputable lender.
To learn more about our manufacturing, view our complete line and browse customizable features, please visit www.customcottagesinc.com.