- Combine wild-rice blend, orange juice-water mixture, butter, and a dash of salt in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat to simmer. Cook for about 25 minutes, stirring once ,or until rice has absorbed all liquid. Remove from heat.
- While rice is cooking, saute sausage & minced garlic in a skillet over med-high heat until browned, breaking sausage into pieces with a spoon or spatula as it cooks. When browned remove from heat & drain on paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked rice, parsley, dried cranberries, pecans, cheese & cooked Swaggerty’s Farm Sausage. Add pepper flakes if desired. Toss all ingredients together well. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve immediately.
If you prefer a wetter dressing just add another 1/4 to 1/2 cup more orange juice to mixture & toss well.
You can make this wonderful dressing the day ahead. Store chilled until about an hour before you want to serve it. Then put mixture into an oven proof dish, cover, and heat in a 350 degree oven until hot.
- Other dried fruits to use: dried apricots, apples, or pears chopped
- Nuts you might like: walnuts, pistachios, or slivered almonds
- Juices great for cooking rice: apple, pear, or even apple cider