MDF magazine communicates the mission of the Mule Deer Foundation.
Articles and photographs portray the beauty, value and importance of mule deer and black-tailed deer, while relating the thrill of hunting and the challenges of modern deer management.
- You’ll find scientific articles on research and field studies.
- There are the latest updates on big events, like conventions, hands-on projects and conservation meetings.
- And, you’ll stay up-to-date on government and chapter work.
Each issue gives you insight you can’t find anywhere else.
A variety of views appear in the magazine to inform readers and to encourage discussion of issues affecting western deer.
Want to take a look at some recent articles?
- Energy Development, Mule Deer Conservation and Sage Grouse Core Areas By Dave Smith
This is the second of a two-part series examining the plight of sage grouse and what it means to mule deer habitat conservation.
- There’s a First Time for Everything By Ben Cook
“As I was putting on my backpack, the fog suddenly lifted and there was the massive buck standing broadside, completely oblivious to us at 500 yards.”